Wednesday 5 December 2012

Successful Makeup Appointment

Credits: Ecomcom
How's the week treating you so far? I hope everything's going well. In this post I'd like to share some pointers on how a makeup appointment or a makeup consultation can be a successful one for both makeup artist and client. Let's jump into it!

#1 Communicate well with your artist
This is the most essential rule to remember. You have to ask questions when you're not sure, tell her about your skin issues or concerns (if you have any) and let her get to know you so she can create a look that suits your personality.

#2 Be honest
It's normally easy to be honest to a stranger because you don't have to worry about hurting other's feelings. NORMALLY. But somehow in my experience (or maybe I have the sweetest clients in the world), they don't open up and are not honest about my work. While she is working on you, you can tell her if you don't like how things are turning out. Don't worry because a good and professional makeup artist will not take things personally. She will do her best to fix the problem and make you feel comfortable.

I often do makeup for a client with him/her sitting in front of a mirror at all times so he/she is in good view of what's happening to his/her face. This way at every section (foundation, eyebrow, eye shadow, eye liner, blusher..) I will pause and ask the client what they think, whether they'll be okay if I added more colours, make it more bold, make the liner thicker etc. And if I trust that I have an honest client I'll just go ahead and do *my thaang* cos I trust that they will stop me if they don't like something.

#3 Be comfortable
A makeup session normally lasts between 1.5 hrs to 2.5 hours and that's a long time to be seated in the same position. So I like my clients to be comfortable. Be it have your phone to be texting or surfing the net while i work on your face, or blast music over the radio, or have a friend over to keep you company or have a conversation with me. Time will pass much faster and before you know it, voila! You're ready to go.

That's by far the most important things that make a successful makeup appointment to me. Feel free to add anything else that you think is important. Thanks for reading!

Have a great day everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment