Wednesday 12 August 2015

Long Hiatus

It's been a long time since I last updated this space and this post will tell you all about what kept me busy.

Somewhere in June 2013 I found myself ready to enroll myself into a makeup college in Sydney Australia. The course was due to start the year after, on June 23rd, 2014. It would take me a year and a half before I would complete that course. So I started working on building my portfolio to send in along with my application to the school.

That was a really tough phase for me because I was working full time with hours that seemed impossible to work around. I had to make mood boards, face charts, make appointments and go to meetings with photographers, look for models, venue, make the props/accessories, think about wardrobe - all while having to work full time. It was unbelievable. I had off days that were used up to do what I had to for my portfolio and as you can imagine it was a really exhausting year.


Turns out, I wasn't quite ready (financially of course) to go back to school. So I'll still be around doing freelance makeup for whoever I have the pleasure of working with. Until then, I'd definitely seek other ways to continue learning about this beautiful art of makeup.

I am still looking around for ways to upgrade myself and learn new techniques in this industry. It's not easy and it's not cheap, but I'm sure with hard work and a burning passion, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment